Wednesday, April 8, 2009

mushrooms

So I hate mushrooms. I always just thought I kind of didn't like them, but last night I realized how much I do not like them. If I can, I always order something without mushrooms, if it comes with mushrooms, I ask for them to be left out. I thought maybe they taste okay but the texture is so absolutely disgusting that I could not do it.

Well last night I was making Todd pizza for dinner. Pepperoni and mushroom because I am fabulous like that. I always fry up the pepperoni and drain the grease so the pizza isn't all ooky. Then I got the brilliant idea to saute the mushrooms in the pepperoni grease. Great idea, not so healthy, but I heard it turned out tasty. So as I was cooking mushrooms, the smell hit me. Absolutely disgusting. I mean, yuck!

I think the pizza turned out well though. And the mushroom stench did not ruin my skillet. My fried egg sandwich today didn't taste the least bit mushroomy.

Where is spring this year? About a month ago it felt truly like spring and then it did a disappearing act. Is it like this everywhere? Or just in stupid Kansas? I think this week is supposed to be warm-ish and I am so excited. I want to pull out the flip flops. I want to go lay in the tanning bed so I'll look like I've had real sun (of course I won't because I have no money and I don't want skin cancer). I'm ready for the lake and fishing and flip flops and the smell of sun screen. I'm ready to have my big sunglasses laughed at and to fight my unmanageable hair in the humidity. C'mon spring, get here all ready. You are so late for the party. Past fashionably late, now you're just being an a-hole, it's mid-April for gosh sake.

No comments:

Custom Search