Monday, April 27, 2009

the lottery or grad school

Well apparently my message sounded a little excited. I found out today I got accepted to the grad school program of my choice. I filled out my FAFSA and tomorrow after I mail my first $100 to them it will all be official. I can't believe it! Five years ago if you had asked me about grad school I would have said no way. And now I'm so excited about it. A little terrified, but I know I can do it.

I went shopping yesterday. Ug. Sometimes shopping makes me absolutely crazy. Yesterday was one of those days. I should never go to Bass Pro by myself, it makes me super grumpy. But I redeemed the day with a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond. I loooove Bed Bath and Beyond. I bought 2 fantastic things I am so excited about. I bought this:
It's now hanging inside the cabinet under my sink and holds a few plastic bags. I try not to get plastic bags at Wal-Mart and what not but sometimes you can't help it. And I always use them as a bag for the trash can in the bathroom. I feel less bad about getting them if I reuse them. I took a ton back to Wal-Mart to recycle the other day. I usually use these charming green Walgreens shopping bags my sister gave me. I always feel like a goober carrying them into the store but at least I'm doing my part I guess.

I also bought 2 of these. Yeah, I know, I'm like a 70 year old woman.
Only my are filled with Busch Light and Sam's Choice Cola. Neither beverage is mine, they just live in my fridge and I figured they might as well be organized. So now I'm very happy when I open my fridge and see nice rows of cans instead of a half empty Busch Light box and cans of soda in the case in the dining room.

Even though it replaced Life on Mars (and I'm kind of pissed it went off air) I've been watching The Unusuals. And it's been driving me crazy. The chief, or whatever his official title is, was so familiar. I knew he was from something else I'd seen. Um, he's the dad from Save the Last Dance. Oh yes, if you are in your mid 20s you know exactly what I am talking about. I was so glad to solve that mystery. Ridiculous, yes. And that's why I'm going back to school, so I can think about education instead of pop culture trivia.

No comments:

Custom Search