Tuesday, April 14, 2009

being domestic

So you may have already figured out I seriously love being domestic. I love making a delicious dinner. I love having things put away, all neat and organized. I love making my place look pretty. I don't even mind terribly doing laundry or dishes. I love the end result.

Over the weekend I learned how to make my mom's potato salad. It was a big hit. And now I have a new appreciation. Everytime I thought I was done she would remind me of something else that needed to go in. It was frustrating but delicious. All of the leftovers at my house have been eaten (I think I got 2 forkfuls....)
Potato Salad:
6 potatoes (or so, depends on how many you're feeding)
4 boiled eggs
Onion
Relish
Cheese (we use Velveeta)
Mayo
Mustard
Salt
Add ingredients until it looks right.

Oh yes, these were the instructions I really got. And that is really how you make it. It's totally by how it looks and not exact measurements. Because well, potatoes are not specific sizes. It's very frustrating to me because I really like exact recipes. I like things to be black and white. Very organized, very precise. I'm working on it.

No comments:

Custom Search