Monday, March 23, 2009

sad

My aunt died today. She had battled cancer for a long time. It sucks. A lot. Just the whole thing does. Instead of talking about it, I'm going to entirely avoid it and write about something I totally want.

I keep seeing commercials for these on cable. Cable commercials are the best. Selling you crap you don't really need. But this is something I'm pretty sure I desperately need. And here's why. I suuuuck at peeling things. I mean I am so terrible. The only way I will peel a potato is if I cook it first. To do mashed potatoes, I quarter the potatoes, boil them, peel and then mash. It works just fine. And well, there's not much else I peel even though I'm told I should. So when I saw the commercial for this I instantly started talking about how much I want it and wish someone would buy it for me. And tonight I Just happened to cruise by the Bed Bath and Beyond website and they sell it there! So now I feel slightly better about wanting it if it's available in a real store. And there's one so close to my house. I may just have to go buy one.
It would be even better if someone would just go buy it for me. I promise I would use it all the time. I would peel all of my potatoes (screw that nutritional value in the peels, some people refuse to eat peels). I would peel peaches for those that do not like peach peels (I personally love the texture). And whatever else it is you peel. Ooh, it would definitely be useful for shaving chocolate to top my chocolate pie for holidays. See, it would be fantastic.

No comments:

Custom Search