Tuesday, February 10, 2009

movin' on

I am officially moved! Well, my stuff is moved. I still have to finish the week at my current job. So for now I am sleeping on my sister’s couch. The first night wasn’t bad. I have a week packed full of last dinners with all of my friends. Or at least as many as I could cram in. Last night I had dinner with one of my oldest friends (not in age, but in how long we’ve known each other). I’m so thrilled that I’m moving but I think I’m really going to miss my friends down here.

I can’t wait to be up there for good. We’re already talking about people to invite over for dinner and to play cards or watch sports on my gigantic TV. I’m more excited about cooking for people. Others are more excited about my TV. I finally broke down and bought the giant man-sized TV. I’m pretty sure most girls would not purchase this thing – but one of my co-workers had a 56” TV she was selling for insanely cheap. We talked about it and decided it was too good of a deal to pass up. So now it’s sitting in the middle of my living room – it’s huge! We tried it out Sunday night and I actually really like it.

It’s driving me a little nuts that all of my stuff is so far away right now. I have all of this great work I could be getting done and organizing my apartment but it will have to wait for the weekend. It’s going to be so great though. I’m so excited! I’m excited that I’ve made this move, excited to make my apartment cute, excited for grad school. Yeah, pretty much just a big dorky bubble of excitement.

I can’t wait to start baking cookies and decorating. To make it really feel like home. Most of my stuff has been in boxes since October so I’m really ready to pull it out and make my apartment feel like home. I’ve missed my white dishes and my polka dot towels. And I’m really looking forward to organizing my giant closet. We hung curtains on Sunday night, that helped it look more homey already.

No comments:

Custom Search