Wednesday, February 11, 2009

toilet paper

I think someone that is very clueless must be out there designing apartment bathrooms. There is always something that’s a little off. It usually has something to do with the location of the toilet paper holder. I mean, c’mon people, it shouldn’t be this hard. We all use toilet paper, right?

Two apartments ago the toilet paper was right beside the toilet. Good idea, right? Well sure, if there was more than 2 inches of space there. It was literally in your armpit. Even being the neat freak that I am, I left the toilet paper on the counter all the time because it was just awkward and horrible when it was on the roll.

In the apartment that I am now 99% moved out of, the toilet paper holder is on the wall beside the toilet, but it’s like a thousand feet away. You nearly fall off the toilet trying to get toilet paper. It’s ridiculous. So I have a little shelf across from the toilet and that is where the toilet paper lives.

Now to my new apartment. I was so excited; I thought I had finally found a place with the perfectly located toilet paper holder. Or it was perfect until I hung towels on the towel rack. The towels cover the toilet paper! Arg! Seriously, are these people idiots? I have an easy solution this time that will actually allow the toilet paper to stay where it belongs. In college I bought an over the door towel rack. Luckily, my sister still had it and returned it to me. When I officially move in on Friday, that bad boy will be going up on the door and the towel rack will be reserved for a cute little hand towel. Problem solved. And thankfully the solution did not involve toilet paper hanging out on my bathroom cabinet (frankly there’s not enough space).

And I apologize to anyone who stuck around to read that much about my complaints of toilet paper holder location. You could have made it a drinking game. Took a drink every time I said “toilet paper.” Maybe you should go back and re-read this and try that – only if you’re of legal age of course. I am not supporting under-age drinking.

I’m really thrilled that I will be in my new place on Friday. I cannot wait to unpack – specifically organize my closet and the kitchen. I think those are my favorite. I pretty much love anything with organizing. It’s so fabulous. I know, I am very sick.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I know right!! I have the "in your armpit" placement. So my TP frequently hangs out on the counter as well. Which I might add has resulted in many wasted rolls as I sometimes hit it while getting ready and the graviational force that is an open toilet, it goes in. Funny how I can only hit about 4 out of 10 baskets on the court but if I drop something in the bathroom and that lid is open, it's going in baby.

Custom Search