Friday, February 27, 2009

favorite things

...not what I started to write what I sat down, but what sprang to mind when I began typing. What are your favorite things? The things that make you absolutely happy deep down in your soul?
  • New shoes. I love shopping for them. I love trying them on again when I get home. Even if I don't buy any, just going to the store is great.
  • Sleeping in. I accidentally did this today, woke up 5 minutes before I had to leave for work. Oops.
  • People I love. Not just my boyfriend. But friends, family, all those people that just make your heart smile.
  • Crocheting. And when I crochet, I think about all the people that helped me learn -- it took years. My college roommate, my RA, my mom, and a great lady at my church. I love to give away the things I make. I'm about to start on a scarf for a fantastic girl, it's going to be grey.
  • Reading a good book. I used to always read before I went to bed. I love it so much. Especially books set in England. I don't know why.
  • Good music. Especially when I'm driving in the summer time with the windows down and my hair blowing.
  • Going to the lake. I cannot wait for it to be warm enough.
  • Going fishing. Crazy, right? It's so relaxing. And half the time fishing means I'm laying on the back of the boat drinking a margarita.
  • Mangoes. But only a mango bought at a Farmer's Market in Dallas. Then eaten all fresh and warm and juicy. Nothing is better.
  • Good hair days. I have finally trained my bangs to go back to swooping. They look great today.
  • The perfect day.
  • Mornings that feel like church camp or Easter. I cannot explain it, but each of these kind of mornings have a very distinct feeling and I love it so much. It sends me back to being a kid and the excitement of the day.
  • Trying a new recipe. I'm making BBQ chicken pizza this weekend. Yum!

No comments:

Custom Search