Tuesday, February 17, 2009

green tank tops

I'm sitting in my new apartment, squinting at the computer (I already took my contacts out and I'm too lazy to go find my glasses), smelling chicken baking in the oven and listening to the whir of the dryer. And I love it. I love it so much. I guess this is the first real dinner I've cooked since I moved.

Saturday night I made pizza for Valentines. I was going to be so sweet and put mushrooms on half but I couldn't find mushrooms at the store. But pizza is just one of those super easy things I make. A total no brainer:
--2 packages Shawnee Hills pizza crust
--1 can Hunt's Zesty & Spicy pasta sauce
--1 pkg. pepperoni
--1 pkg. Mozzarella cheese
--Cajun seasoning to taste
--Make the pizza crust per the instructions, add Cajun seasoning to mix. Bake for approx. 12 minutes in a 9x13 baking dish. While crust is baking, brown pepperoni in a skillet (this helps get the grease out) and drain on a paper towel. Pour sauce over crust. Top with pepperoni and cheese. Return to oven until cheese is melted and bubbling.

It's delicious and so easy. My next pizza assignment is BBQ chicken.

But back to tonight's dinner. Baked chicken that I marinated in Baja Chipotle sauce and mashed potatoes/cauliflower. The cauliflower is just for me, I started a new diet. It's surprisingly delicious.

So my apartment is all unpacked. I'm in the midst of doing laundry because, oh yes, my apartment has a washer and dryer. It's great! I really like the new job so far. I've had training the past 2 nights where I felt incredibly old and like I already knew what was going on. I also discovered my first wrinkle yesterday. It was a horrifying moment. And most importantly, cable and internet got installed today. I hadn't had tv since I moved in. So it's been fun. Look for decorating pictures to come.

No comments:

Custom Search