Thursday, February 19, 2009

a year in review... baking

These may not technically just be from the past year, but get ready for some of the high points in my baking career.
My dad's birthday cake from his 60th birthday. It's a pineapple cake with cream cheese frosting. This was my first attempt at piping icing. Not bad considering I did it with a Ziploc bag.

Cupcakes from that very same 60th birthday. I have no idea how many I made. A lot! They are yellow cake frosted with orange colored buttercream frosting and chocolate buttercream frosting.

The cupcakes from my mom's birthday. My best friend and I made and iced 60 pink cupcakes. It was a little ridiculous! Thank God for good friends and a stand mixer! My mom's birthday comes after my dad's, thus the more elaborate cupcake decorating.

My Christmas tree cookies. It's Ethel's Sugar cookies from Betty Crocker with green food dye. After they cooled, I dipped the edges in white almond bark to make them look snow covered. This is what was left after all of the Christmas festivities.

The football cake. Oh, the football cake. I ended up buying a football cake pan. So field is a yellow sheet cake iced with green colored buttercream frosting. The football in a chocolate cake frosted with chocolate buttercream. The transport of the football to the field was a little tricky, I was informed that no one ever knew that much swearing was involved in baking. It was delicious and worth it though, I think.

No comments:

Custom Search