Friday, January 23, 2009

faith to believe

Wow, so the past few days have been a roller coaster. I had a second interview for a job that I really wanted on Wednesday. I was supposed to hear back that night if I had gotten the job. In the interview she also asked if I would be interested in a position in Kansas. I said of course. I actually would have rather had the Kansas job (I did not, of course, tell her this). So it seemed like I had a pretty good chance. And then Wednesday afternoon I talked to the girl hiring in Kansas and she wanted to set up an interview as well, great!

Wednesday came and went and I heard nothing about the first job. Thursday I got an email to set up an interview for the position in Kansas. I also emailed the other girl and found out I did not get that job. I was honestly crushed. I felt like I had waited so long and I was so disappointed even though it wasn’t really the job I wanted. I sat in the stair well at work and cried.

Today I was supposed to have the phone interview but she never called. I waited like 20 minutes and then called her. She said they had decided they didn’t need to interview me based on my other interviews, that they just wanted to offer me the position pending a back ground check.

I was ecstatic to say the least. I feel like everything really is working out how it was supposed to. I’m going this weekend to look at apartments. I guess I just needed to be patient and not worry about my own timing and trust that things would happen like they were supposed to.

I’m planning on baking cookies to celebrate. And re-instating Margarita Friday.

2 comments:

Phil's Grill said...

Sometimes it is hard to be patient, especially when it is as important as a job. I hope you get the job you are hoping for.
Would you be interested in exchanging links? I have a grilling blog that is sponsoring a give away and write about grilling.
Betty

Molly said...

I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason and being unemployed, I totally understand the highs and lows that come with job searching. I really hope this position works out for you!

Custom Search