Thursday, May 7, 2009

on sports

So I never thought I would be a sports girl. I didn't grow up watching sports, I only went to football games to socialize in high school and went to one baseball game and thought it was horribly boring. Fast forward a few years....

I've started going to baseball and football games with some degree of regularity (football especially) and watch even more of them on tv. I have to admit, I kind of like it.

I love the atmosphere, I like the people. I love booing the other team and cheering when my team scores. I love the camaraderie. Everyone talks to the people around them and experiences the game sort of as a strange little family. It's fantastic.

I love the parking lot even. There are all these random people selling tickets. I love tailgating. The grills all around and having a beer at 8 in the morning. Where else can you do that? And walking in carrying a drink and talking about how the game will go.

I don't even mind sports talk on the radio so much. It's usually on the radio on the way to and from the stadium. I've realized I'm starting to recognize the different sports casters voices and how they lean on different subjects. I love the KC sports guy on the news that obviously hates KU. It makes me laugh.

Is it true? Have I become a sports fan? I own multiple Chiefs, Royals and MU shirts. I'm a little surprised by myself. But I don't mind it.

No comments:

Custom Search