Thursday, May 14, 2009

chicken fried

Only it was turkey. Last night I tackled a new cooking project. I happened to have wild turkey in my freezer and it was requested that I fry it. So with my dad's phone advice, I made fried turkey. I thawed out this lovely turkey and sliced it really thin (while making gross faces. Raw meat is soooo gross). I dipped it in milk and egg and then flour with cajun seasoning and garlic. End result -- absolute deliciousness. And not just my opinion. I was pretty impressed with myself. I was initially a little terrified. I'd honestly never fried anything before in my life. And hot grease is scary especially considering I'm quite accident prone in the kitchen. It was a success though. There will definitely be more turkey frying going on at my house.

And now I'm getting ready for house guests. My sister is coming for the weekend. I'm pretty excited, I have a Diners, Drive-ins and Dives weekend planned. We're going to eat all the places in my area that they've visited on the show. Should be fun.

I'm also in the process of baking 4 dozen cupcakes for work tomorrow. I'm having an un-birthday party for the kids tomorrow to celebrate all their birthdays. Oh yes, inspired by this record....

No comments:

Custom Search