Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas eve eve


I am approximately 12 hours from eating cranberry bread and opening my stocking.  Hooray.  The cranberry bread is baked and sitting on my washer (what?  Doesn't everybody cool baked goods on the washer?)  One of the stockings is stuffed.  Minus the last item hidden under the bed.

I have made the final Target trip.  Orange juice (necessary for cranberry bread).  Pretty shiny muffin papers (cranberry bread went into these).  Eggs (you need scrambled eggs for breakfast with cranberry bread).  And milk (well in case I want to drink milk, or maybe it's for Santa).  I am not going to the store again until after Christmas. 

I have also made the final liquor store run.  Good thing since all the ones in Kansas are closed at this hour.  Sigh, stupid Kansas. 

Anyway.  I am ready for Christmas.  I got a haircut the other day to avoid the crazy hair Christmas picture.  My hair girl is fabulous.  I mean seriously fabulous.  However, my bangs are too short.  Not quite the little girl who cuts her own bangs short.  But the -- they will be perfect in 2 weeks -- too short.  Oh well. 

Crossing my fingers, praying and doing a no snow dance.  I know, you always dream of a white Christmas but when travel is included in your holiday plans you do everything you can think of to ward away snow.  I would like to not spend my entire Christmas holiday in fuzzy boots. 

No comments:

Custom Search