Tuesday, January 5, 2010

on living at the north pole

So, apparently I have moved to the north pole and did not realize it.  There has been snow on the ground for nearly 2 weeks now.  It snowed Christmas eve.  A lot.  And the snow has not melted.  It snowed more last Tuesday.  And then it snowed more Sunday.  It's supposed to snow tomorrow too.  The weather forecast.... ug, it's not getting any better.
Wednesday -- Hi 22, Low 3  90% chance of snow
Thursday -- Hi 5,  Low -6
Friday -- Hi 0, Low -10

Seriously!  I live in the midwest.  I am not impressed.  I have been wearing warm fuzzy boots for oh, about 3 weeks now.  I busted out the Nikes today because I was so tired of boots.  And my feet froze.  I am permanently wearing a bright orange (oh, so unattractive) Columbia coat and a white Columbia hat.  Otherwise I might freeze to death.

I hate winter.  I drove over the lake the other day.  It was frozen.  Then I drove over it again and it was frozen and snow covered.  I mean, really?  C'mon now.  We don't have weather like this.  Or we shouldn't.  A high of 0, now that's just ridiculous.

I want to live in a cup of hot chocolate.

I bought curtains tonight because all the cold air comes in through my crappy apartment windows.  I also bought a space heater.  I have great hopes of being warm again.  Sigh.  Hurry up summer time!

No comments:

Custom Search