Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year

Well Christmas has come and gone. All the anticipation and hard work and then it’s over in no time at all. We consumed two huge meals within about 5 hours. I was ready to never eat again. Yet, I got up the morning after Christmas and made French toast. Christmas was good though. My chocolate pie got rave reviews. We ate it for breakfast Christmas morning.

So Christmas is over and 2008 is almost gone. I’m not sure I’m ready for 2009. The past year was really great. I’ve been happier this year than I think I’ve ever been. It seems like my life is finally starting to fall into place and I really like it. Hopefully that means 2009 will be equally fantastic. I’ll be ringing it in drinking champagne with my fantastic boyfriend.

I always have aspirations for great New Year’s Eve plans and it never turns out to be as amazing as I hope it will be. I’m not too into the going out scene, I’ve tried hosting parties but they never turn out as I hoped (people are usually lame and bail) so this year I’m refusing to be disappointed. I’m going to be happy with my nice hotel and champagne. Maybe I’ll buy party hats.

Every year I feel like I should reflect on the past year. So how ‘bout looking at where I was this time last year.
-I was a child care worker but I thankfully did not have to work on New Year’s.
-We went to a New Year’s party at my friends house. But we were the lame ones that bailed early. We rang in the new year sitting on my couch watching the peach (instead of the ball) drop with Miranda Lambert.
-I poured champagne down my shirt (in a non-seductive way) no less than three times. I am wearing that shirt today
-I was thrilled to be celebrating a new year with someone I really liked.
-My haircut was less cute than it is now.
-I was neither skinnier nor fatter than I am now (at least I’m consistent)
-I wasn’t nearly the cook that I am today. I’d barely branched out past cheesy chicken.
-I didn’t realize my whale shirt was a bad choice for a first date.
-We “watched” the Mizzou beat Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl!
It’s been a good year. I loved 2008. It was definitely good to me. No huge milestones that I can recall but just that in general joy and happiness that we all strive for. I really like my job, my boyfriend is amazing, my apartment doesn’t suck and things are looking good as I look towards the future.

Happy 2009!

No comments:

Custom Search