Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas

It’s only two days until Christmas. I have to finish up baking tonight and then I will be done. I’ve already done divinity and green Christmas tree sugar cookies dipped in white almond bark. Both I am very proud of both. My sister and I killed the mixer making the divinity. And my sugar cookies almost brought me to tears. I’ve moved since last Christmas and the new oven threw me off. I burned the first two trays of cookies. I recovered though and went on happily.

Tonight I’m going to go home and make chocolate pie and pizza. I made my crusts last night but I have to go home and make the pudding for the pie. That will take a while but it will be worth it. And it was specially requested. Turns out my pie and divinity are the caliber of generations past. I feel pretty good about that.

I finished making my last Christmas presents last night. I made two pairs of earrings for my mom. I was happy with how they turned out. And I had to create a box for one of my sister’s presents, thanks to two Diet Coke boxes and a lot of masking tape and a ton of creativity and ingenuity.

So I think I’m ready for Christmas. There will be lots of traveling. This is the first year I will not wake up Christmas morning at my house or my parents’ house. So that should be interesting. I think I might miss the traditional Christmas morning cranberry bread. It might just be my favorite part of Christmas.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season. A Christmas full of love and joy and peace (crossing my fingers for peace) and lots of deliciousness. I hope that everyone is safe and warm. That everyone has food to eat and people they love to celebrate with.

No comments:

Custom Search