Monday, February 8, 2010

spring...

I can't help it.  I said I would quit whining about winter.  But well, that was a lie.  A big fat snow covered lie.  I know, I have friends who live much farther north and have much more wintery weather to contend with than I do.  But I hate winter weather.  I really do.  Snow isn't really so pretty when it's keeping you from doing things like celebrating Christmas or the Super Bowl. 

I'm tired of my snow boots.  Oh so tired of them.  I am ready for flip flops and capri pants and ridiculously large sunglasses (even though I wear those all year round). 
 
Oh yes, I want them in every color they come in.  They would be perfect for the lake.  And for work this summer (Yes, my job is that casual).  And for life in general.  I want bright pretty colors.  And flip flops.  Oh, flip flops.  Why must you be so fabulous and so tempting.  My toes need to be out in the sun, getting that tell tale lake tan from fishing and laying around at the lake.
 
If you know me well at all you know that these are the same basic flip flops I have been wearing since about my sophomore year of college.  Time for a new style, well maybe.  But these are the best kind of flip flops in the world.  And I can't wait to pull one of the.... five pairs I own out of my closet.  Four of the five pairs are ancient and ratty but I can't get rid of them.  Don't judge me.
 
Long story short, I cannot wait for spring.  I know, come July I will be whining about how hot it is.  But remind me of the snow and I will be very appreciative of the sunshine. 

No comments:

Custom Search