Tuesday, September 15, 2009

on being.... a grown up

So I did two relatively icky things tonight that might classify me as an adult. Are you ready for this? Because I'm not sure that I am.

One. Because I am the best (I do mean best girlfriend in the whole world) I skinned a chicken. Can I just say that it was super gross. I mean yuck! Blech. I pride myself on being able to cook whatever I set my mind to. But skinning chicken grosses me out. Ug. I usually buy boneless chicken. Everyone is happier that way. But, because I am awesome, I skinned a chicken. It is currently in the oven with cajun butter injection and Famous Dave's chicken marinade cooking away. Deliciousness is sure to ensue.

Two. I cleaned my air vent thing on my heat/ac/water heater closet. It was disgusting. Don't judge me. I'm reasonably sure it wasn't even clean when I moved in. But I have people coming over on Friday and it looked gross. I got out that big duster thingy and tried to knock the dust(?) off. It sort of worked. So I got out my tiny Dirt Devil vacuum and attacked it. It's still not good, but it's better.

Are you impressed yet?

Well get ready. Here's how to make a chocolate pie. Not the actual ingredients, but a photo summary.
iPod. Check. (By the way, much cooler now bcs. I have an iPod dock)

Betty Crocker cookbook. That's the recipe doubled on the pink sticky note4 separated eggs. I rock at separating eggs!
It's almost pie.

I didn't take any pictures of the finished project. I think I ran out of time. It was delicious though. And I don't know why everything is showing up as a link. If you click nothing will happen. I just failed. I wasn't even trying to make links. Crazy.

Back to cleaning. Hopefully nothing else gross.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am very proud of you for that especially given our bone in meat conversation... You are a good girlfriend :-) I finally got a chance to check out your blog

Custom Search