Wednesday, July 22, 2009

pie in the sky

I've been busy. So busy I feel like it will never stop. Working 40 hours a week with preschoolers and going to school full time. I feel like I am always at work, at school or studying. The end result will be good though. However, it has left little time for the fun things I like to do. I am still making plenty of time for the lake and fishing. I caught some giant (for me anyway) catfish over 4th of July.
And I've done a little cooking. Very little. I've managed to try a couple of new things. I made chicken salad and it was a hit. I just looked until I found a recipe that sounded right. Turns out, you don't really need a recipe. Just dump things in until it looks right.
Cooked boneless skinless chicken breast (apparently I don't know how to skin chicken)
Light Miracle Whip (my choice)
Pineapple tidbits drained, leave a tiny bit of juice
Red grapes, halved
Chop up the chicken and dump it all in a bowl and mix. Easy peasy. And delicious.

The other night I made fried zucchini and fried mushrooms. While I was frying mushrooms, I had hot grease pop in my eye. Ouch! I heard the mushrooms were good. I think any mushroom is a bad mushroom.

I made my first ice cream cake for my mom for Mother's Day. Yes, I am that behind around here. Anyway, she loved it. I got strawberry ice cream from Braums (the kind with real strawberries), strawberry jam, vanilla sandwich cookies and Sandies. I just layered it all and froze it. It was so good and people were impressed. I'm going to make a dreamcicle cake this weekend for my sister's graduation.

I just finished making homemade chocolate pudding for a chocolate pie that is a couple of weeks late. Hopefully the pudding will set up this time. The last time I made it, it never did and was a total waste of time. I took pictures of the pie making process but lack the motivation to post my clever pictures. Look for them to come if I ever find time.

One more day of work and class and then off to the lake for a long weekend.

No comments:

Custom Search