Tuesday, April 19, 2011

home ownership

We bought a house.  It took almost a month of painting and working to get it ready to move in.  We painted literally every room upstairs.  Now the basement is waiting to be painted.  We are slowly getting everything unpacked. 

The silverware was missing for almost a week -- tucked away in an obscure tub in the basement.  I misplaced a red plaid ballet flat -- found it in the backseat of my car.  Found a pair of shoes I didn't know was missing -- they were still packed in my suitcase from our honeymoon.  Realized just exactly how many pairs of shoes I have -- my boots alone fill up the closet in the spare bedroom.  Oops.  I think it might be time for a garage sale this summer. 

I love it though.  There is still work to be done.  Lots of it.  New counter tops are waiting to be installed.  Kitchen back splashes to be replaced, I just don't love the pink formica.  I love having a bigger kitchen.  I love love love my laundry room, it's so amazing to have a place to actually sort clothes and not have them piled in the way.  I love my pretty grey and green bathroom, even the green tub.  I still do not love paneling though.  Even after painting paneling in the living room, hallway, kitchen and laundry room.  I may dislike it even more, but at least it looks prettier now.

No comments:

Custom Search