Thursday, November 20, 2008

mississippi mud cake

One of the girls I work with is leaving to start a new job. Traditionally we have some sort of little send off. Another one of my fellow secretaries and I decided to take charge since we were worried no one else would. Today we sneakily found out that her favorite dessert is Mississippi Mud Cake so I of course promptly found a recipe and am pretty excited about trying it out. It sounds delicious.

I made the second chocolate pie last night. It was kind of weird. The chocolate chips gave it a strange grainy texture. It tasted good though. The previously mentioned co-worker said she would bring me her recipe, that it was amazing. So we’ll see. After all this effort on the pie, I was telling my boyfriend about my cooking adventures last night. He said he would have been happy with chocolate pudding in a pie crust topped with whipped topping. Ug. I wouldn’t have felt good about that. And it wouldn’t have been nearly as fun, I’ve enjoyed looking for just the right recipe.

He and I talked last night and now I definitely feel like he deserves the chocolate pie. I got over being mad that he wasn’t coming to see me. I didn’t even bring it up last night. It’s just not worth fighting over. I was pretty proud of myself. And I’m really excited about this wedding we’re going to next week. It should be a lot of fun. And my dress is amazing.

No comments:

Custom Search